Dragon East Coast Championships 2024
Saturday 21st – Monday 23rd September 2024
The Medway Yacht Club invites Dragon Sailors to the 2024 East Coast Dragon Championships (ECDC).
2024 is the 75th anniversary of Dragons sailing on the river Medway while hosting these championships.
We can offer you a warm welcome with great food and bar facilities.
Windward / Leeward courses; 6 races over 3 days.
3 days of racing
Challenging tidal river
New changing facilities
Good accommodation locally
Launching & recovery included (recovery Monday afternoon)
The entry fee includes launching, recovery & a mooring
Great social events
- The clubhouse offers fabulous food & drink as well as glorious views over the river.
- Friday dinner
- Saturday: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Sunday: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Monday: Breakfast & Lunch
- Pre-ordered packed Lunches available over the weekend. Orders to be returned by Friday 20th September no later than 8.30pm.
- Free camping for tents and campervans on site.
- New showers and changing rooms
- Hotels, B&B’s and Airbnb’s are also available nearby
Attractions for the Non Sailor
- Medway has a wealth of historical local attractions that we hope will be open to the public. Rochester Castle and Cathedral are not to be missed with many interesting shops along the High Street.
- Chatham Naval Historic Dockyard.
- Upnor Castle is a 15 minute walk away.
- For those who are in need of retail therapy Blue Water is about 20 minutes by car and the Dockside Outlet centre is only 10 minutes away