Dragon East Coast Championships 2022
10th & 11th September 2022
The Medway Yacht Club invites Dragon Sailors to the 2022 East Coast Dragon Championships (ECDC). We can offer you a warm welcome with great food and bar facilities.
Racing on the River Medway can accomodate good courses for all wind directions.
The Race Schedule
Saturday 10th has 3 races scheduled with the first start at 11:00.
Sunday 11th has 3 races scheduled with the first start at 10:00
At the beginning of each day there will be a competitors briefing in the clubhouse at 09:00 on the Saturday and 08:00 on the Sunday.
|1st place overall||East Coast dragon Championship Salver|
|Deuxieume Prix||Medway Yacht Club Salver|
|Race 1||Aldeburgh Dragon Fleet Trophy|
|Race 2||Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Trophy|
|Race 3||Walderingfield Sailing Club Trophy|
|Race 4||McKay-Lewis Challenge Trophy|
|Race 5||Haven Ports Yacht Club Decanter|
|Race 6||Royal Corinthian Yacht Club Trophy|
When you Arrive
You can bring your Dragon to the Yacht Club at any time during the week before the championships but, because of tides, it must be launched by 14:00 on Friday 9th September.
Please contact Toby Atack to arrange a time slot on 07815 849553
Visiting Dragons will be allocated a mooring
At the end of sailing on Sunday only visiting Dragons will be lifted out. Once on your mooring a RIB will tow your boat to the travel hoist ready to be lifted out.
- Bar and Galley open on Friday evening with the normal menu
- Breakfast Saturday morning from 07:30
- Dinner from 19:30
- Breakfast Sunday morning from 07:30
- The Bar and Galley are open until 17:00 on Sunday
- The Bar and Galley will be open all day on Saturday and Sunday for any visitors who are not competing
- Free camping for tents and campervans on site.
- Showers and changing rooms
- Hotels, B&B’s and Airbnb’s are also available nearby
Attractions for the Non Sailor
- Medway has a wealth of historical local attractions that we hope will be open to the public. Rochester Castle and Cathedral are not to be missed with many interesting shops along the High Street.
- Chatham Naval Historic Dockyard.
- Upnor Castle is a 15 minute walk away.
- For those who are in need of retail therapy Blue Water is about 20 minutes by car and the Dockside Outlet centre is only 10 minutes away