UKWA Eastern Championships 2023
17th & 18th June 2023
The Wayfarer Class returns to Medway YC for the Eastern Championships, one of the Craft Insure National Circuit and Travellers Series. With three races scheduled for each day, legendary socials and a very warm welcome, competing boats can look forward to a very enjoyable event.
- £40 before midnight on 16th June
- Entry shall be limited to the first 35 entries received accompanied by the required fee. For more information see the bottom of this page & for the documents and bookings forms (both entry & food).
Registration & Race Schedule
- Three points races on Saturday and Sunday.
- Registration will be on Friday evening or early on Saturday morning
- Prize giving will be as soon as possible after racing on Sunday afternoon.
- The Event Trophies awarded by the UKWA: –
- Fryer Cup – awarded to the first placed boat overall.
- Peter Strauss Memorial Cup – awarded to the winner of the first completed race
- Aldeburgh YC Trophy – awarded to the winner of the second completed race
- Stone SC Trophy – awarded to the winner of the third completed race
- Dabchicks SC Trophy – awarded to the winner of the fourth completed race
- N&G Trophy – awarded to the first placed lady helm overall
The Event Trophies awarded by Medway Yacht Club are as follows: –
- Fairway Trophy – awarded to the best placed MYC boat overall.
Memento prizes may be awarded.
- Breakfast – full English or bacon baps etc available to purchase from the Galley every morning
- Packed lunches available to purchase every morning from the Galley
- Free tea, coffee, beer and cake on the boat park after racing
- Friday evening – Club Fish and Chip supper
- Saturday evening – Championship Dinner with a fun quiz organised by Past Commodore and Wayfarer sailor Mark Penny!
- Sunday afternoon – Galley open for hot and cold snacks
The Bar and Galley will be open all day on Saturday and Sunday to welcome all visitors coming to the event.
We are very grateful to have the support of great sponsors including the class insurers – Craftinsure, Shepherd Neame, Wayfarer Wines and Pirates Cave.
- Free camping for tents and campervans on site.
- Changing and showering facilities will be available.
- There are several nearby Hotels.
- B&B’s and Airbnb’s are also available nearby
Attractions for the Non Sailor
- Medway has a wealth of historical local attractions that we hope will be open to the public. Rochester Castle and Cathedral are not to be missed with many interesting shops along the High Street.
- Chatham Naval Historic Dockyard.
- Upnor Castle is a 15 minute walk away.
- For those who are in need of retail therapy Blue Water is about 20 minutes by car and the Dockside Outlet centre is only 10 minutes away
Easterns meal request form 2023.pdf
Entry Form 2023 Entry Form.pdf
UKWA Eastern Championships SIs 2023 Publish.pdf
Wayfarer Eastern Champs NOR 2023 publish.pdf