The MYC Cruiser Class is open to all members of MYC and is mainly made up of members who own or crew a cruiser
The Cruiser Class run a programme of activities throughout the year including racing, cruising and social events.
Regular cruising events include
- Monthly meetings at Queenborough Harbour
- Trips to London, Ramsgate, The Swale, all the East Coast rivers…..in fact anywhere within a tide we’ve visited!
We hold a full calendar of racing under both IRC and NHC rating and handicap catering for novice and expert alike
Our racing season is from April to November and includes
- Spring Series – short series with committee boat starts
- During the summer months we have a series of one day ‘Trophy Races’
- Medway Keel boat Regatta
- Autumn Series – short series with committee boat starts. We end the year with this ever popular series – the biggest and best series on the East Coast – in our opinion!
To support the clubs racing activities we look to provide a number of duty days each year, as does each class sailing out of MYC. Please see the current schedule attached showing available and covered days / duties. If you are able to support the club with a duty please contact Dave Boakes or the Club Secretary with your preferred sate and duty type.
Social functions include the Laying Up Supper after our AGM in November and our Fitting Out Supper in April, this event is very popular as we do our best to get a yachting celebrity along, Tom Cunliffe was a recent guest speaker and was excellent.
AGM 2016 – Minutes
We have the following trophies awarded annually.
- Barnard Loving Cup – most interesting logbook of the year
- The Montgomery Trophy – winner of Fun Race around the historic wreck
- The Shipwrights Trophy – best prepared yacht of the winter
- The Messenger Trophy – furthest return trip from MYC
- Secure outboard engine storage
- 4 yacht cradles capable of taking craft up to 12 metres
- Wet sanding system for surface preparation for anti foul paints
- Mast climbing ladder
Joining and fees
Joining us is easy, simply email the Cruiser Class Captain.
Our annual subscriptions are £10 per boat per year.
By supporting your class you’ll be helping improve facilities for cruising yachts at MYC and opportunities to meet like minded cruising and racing sailors. When we crunched the numbers we discovered our 130 members have over 3,250 years of experience between them, a huge pool of knowledge to tap into if you’re planning a trip somewhere new!
Our regular monthly e-newsletters will keep you up to date with both our and the clubs activities and if you’re racing you’ll get the results on the day too. Click here to be added to the Cruiser Class mailing list.
Over the next few months we will add links below that will take you to our calendars for the coming year, racing results, racing paperwork and booking forms for our social functions.
- Racing Results
- Racing Calendar
- Cruising and Social Events Calendar
- Booking forms for Social Events
- Racing Paperwork, SI’s etc.
- Subscriptions and fees for class equipment
- Cruiser Class committee contact list
Hopefully we’ve something of interest for you and will see you at one of our events soon, please do get in touch if you would like to know more about any of our activities.
For any questions in relation to the Cruiser Class please contact Class Captain David Boakes