NOTICE TO MARINERS
Page 1 of 1
Issued on behalf of Port of Sheerness Ltd. the Statutory Harbour Authority for the River Medway and The Swale
Telephone calls, VHF radio traffic, CCTV and radar traffic images may be recorded at the Peel Ports Group Port Control Centre.
No. 21 – 2018
RIVER MEDWAY – CHATHAM & UPNOR REACHES
MEDWAY RIVER FESTIVAL
1. Notice is hereby given that on Saturday 16th June 2018 the MEDWAY RIVER FESTIVAL will take place in Chatham & Upnor Reaches.
2. There will be a variety of River Activity Events centred on an area between Thunderbolt Pier and King’s Stairs at Chatham Historic Dockyard at various times between 1100 hrs and 1700 hrs. The patrol boat “Maurice Gill“ will be in attendance.
3. Persons in charge of craft navigating in and through Chatham & Upnor Reaches must exercise CARE and CAUTION and proceed at SLOW SPEED whilst any events are taking place. There may be closures to navigation throughout the day. Medway VTS will broadcast information regarding such closures during the day. Persons in charge of craft MUST OBEY INSTRUCTIONS FROM Peel Ports Medway staff on the patrol boat.
4. Admiralty Chart No. 1835 refers.
5. Further information on the event may be obtained from Medway VTS on VHF Channel 74 (callsign “Medway VTS”) or telephone 0151 949 6650 or contact the patrol boat directly via VHF Channel 74.
Marine Operations Department 08th June 2018
Peel Ports London Medway