Commodore’s Day 18th September 2021 Sailing Schedule
This year the annual Commodores Day returns after being cancelled in 2020 due to the Pandemic. A full schedule of races in front of the clubhouse is planned as detailed below.
Richard Stone – Commodore
Come along to join in the fun on the water or just watch from the clubhouse. The highlight of the day will certainly be the Flag Officers race in Toppers
10.00 Cruiser Dressage
AM Races scheduled for 30 -50 minutes
Time Fleet Class flag Trophy
10.45 Fast Handicap (ICF Numeral pennant 3) (Field Cup)
10.50 Dragon Crews race ICF “D” (Dragon CC)
10.55 Sonata Crews race ICF “F” (bottle of wine)
11.00 Squib Crews race Naval Numeral 9 (bottle of wine)
11.05 Wayfarer Novice Wayfarer class flag (bottle of wine)
12.05 Flag officers race ICF “F” (bottle of wine)
PM Racing scheduled for 90 – 100 minutes
14.00 ALL COMERS RACE, (ICF Numeral pennant 3) includes
- Lemon Trophy. Open to Fast Handicap, Squibs, Wayfarers, Sonatas and Dragons. Lemon trophy goes to first boat on corrected time current Portsmouth Yardstick.
- Magula Trophy to best class team (3 boats), on corrected time using current Portsmouth Yardstick.
- Dragon trophy – First dragon Commodore Cup
- Squib – First Squib bottle of wine
- Wayfarer – bottle of wine
- Sonata Bottle – bottle of wine
- Class results to continue to count for ongoing series.
16.30 Commodores address and prize giving.
 Crew races helm must be from the regular member of the boat team and not a recognised helm.
 Wayfarer Novice this may be a crew member or a newcomer who is starting out.
 Flag Officers Hammerhead lemans type start – buoy 32 and back –Toppers
Breakfast served from 9am-12 noon.
Normal Weekend menu 12:00 until 3pm.
Served from the galley 3pm – 8pm
Burger in a bun £5
Jumbo Sausage in a roll £5
Haloumi in a bun £5
Chilli & Lime Marinated Chicken £6
BBQ Ribs £5.50
All above accompanied with.
Green mixed Salad
Free tea and cake served at 4.30pm with the prize giving