57th Medway Marathon open event
Medway Yacht Club, Upnor, Kent
Invitation to dinghy and keelboat sailors
The Medway Marathon has provided a yearly challenge for monohull dinghies, International Dragons, National Sonatas & National Squibs, for over half a century. Unfortunately interrupted last year the event will be held this year as part of the Great British Sailing Challenge.
The 26 mile course takes competitor through the sweeping main estuary reaches of the Medway River with it’s mysterious creeks & abundant birdlife. The course tests every part of the angles of sail, which doesn’t give a huge advantage to any particular boat, it’s also a great tactical challenge as the tide plays a big part in getting the best out of the course. Once you have tried it you will keep on coming back year after year.
- Date: Saturday 19th June, Medway Yacht Club, Upnor, Kent
- Venue: Medway Yacht Club, Lower Upnor, Rochester, Kent. ME2 4XB.
- Course: The course runs between the Upnor in the west and Queenborough spit to the east and is in an tidal area, setting the competitor strategic problems and high levels of boat handling.
- Entries: Eligible boats may enter by completing the online entry process at https://enter.sailracer.org/events/enter-series-mobile.asp?eventid=221124 entries close Friday 18th June at 5:00p
- Notice of Race: Available on medwayyachtclub.com under the Racing Tab or at http://events.sailracer.org/eventsites/noticeboard.asp?eventid=221124&templ=219052
- Start Times: First warning signal 9:55am.
- Storage: Boats will inside the secure MYC compound.
- Launching: All tide winch assisted slipway.
- Tracker: Each boat will be issued with a tracking device.
- Camping: Free if you wish to arrive Friday -Contact the office on 01634-718399 to give time.
- Clubhouse: Supporters will be able to track progress using the big screen in the club house.
- Galley: Open Friday Evening & serving breakfasts on Saturday from 7:30am, come and try our delicious food.
- Further information: Please contact the office from Wednesday 2nd June, on 01634-718399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org