The Flag Officers have been monitoring the government advice on Coronavirus and will continue to monitor it as well as looking at advice from the RYA. The club is operating as far as possible as normal and members who are well will receive the usual welcome at the club.
At present in accordance with the government advice we would ask you not to attend the club if you have:
a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
In this case you should be following the government advice to remain at home. This is for your safety and the safety of the staff and other members of the club.
When you visit the club please ensure you follow the government advice which is below. We have placed this the government guidance on hand washing around the club as a reminder. If you cannot get to a wash station then use hand sanitiser but washing your hands is more effective. Please ensure especially that you wash your hands when you arrive at the club.
The government advice on reducing the spread of the virus is as follows:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Please in particular respect elderly members of the club as it seems to be the elderly who are most affected.
We will continue to review the situation and issue further guidance as and when necessary. We will do everything possible to keep the club running throughout the period but please bear with us if we have to put in place restrictive measures due to government guidance. The safety and health of members and staff of the club is our priority.