Marine Radio (SRC) Training (VHF)
Tuesday 1st May to Thursday 3rd May 2018
Medway Yacht Club is pleased to offer this course across 3 evenings in May, attendance on every evening is required.
The course will be held in the library and delivered by fully qualified instructors, tea / coffee will be provided along with all learning materials.
Course subjects include:
- routine operation of marine VHF radio including Digital Selective Calling
- the correct VHF channels (frequencies) to be used for each type of communication
- distress, emergency and medical assistance procedures
- ship to shore communication
- practical use of Marine VHF DSC radios
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- Search and Rescue Transponders (SART)
The exam is a combination of a written theory test and practical assessment in the use of Marine VHF DSC radios. Candidates must be 16 years old on the day of the exam.
The course is limited to 6 candidates, places will be allocated on payment.
Cost £60 Members / £80 Non-members plus £60 payable direct to RYA for Assessment
To book please contact the Club Office