Delayed Start of Race Season – Supplementary NoR
SUPPLEMENTARY GUIDANCE TO THE 2020 NOTICE OF RACE FOR In-River and Windward/Leeward Racing
- Government Guidance currently is for all to stay at home.
- Even when this is relaxed guidance on Social Distancing and for Vulnerable groups is likely to remain.
- Persons 70 + are strongly advised against attending any social gathering, small or large.
- Any person with a significant underlying health condition, especially relating to breathing or heart, are also strongly advised against attending any social gathering small or large.
- Persons not in the above categories are advised against attending social gathering, small or large.
- The exception for this last group is outdoor social activities which are small gatherings – including sports. This is not embargoed but a distance of 2 metres between participants is advised
- It is clear that where healthy crews of more than one sail together the last of the above guidance will still be contravened. This would still be the case even where strong mitigation and hygiene arrangements are put in place.
- This places the Sailing Committee in a position where it has little option but to give notice to suspend the start of the sailing season until further notice when alternative Government guidance is given or alternative strategies are agreed.
MYC Sailing Committee 2020