RYA Costal Skipper / Yachtmaster Offshore ~ 3, 4, 10, 11, 24 & 25 March 2018 – fantastic value £325
Advanced training for more experienced skippers building on the Day Skipper course. This course equips you to navigate safely on coastal and offshore passages.
This course will take your theory knowledge to the standard required for the Yachtmaster™ Coastal and Yachtmaster™ Offshore practical exams, concentrating on advanced navigation and meteorology skills.
As with the Day Skipper shorebased course, the RYA’s specially designed chart plotter software will be used during the course to give you a realistic taste of modern electronic navigation.
The course is taught over 40 hours spread over 6 days with three exam papers.
£325 per person – MYC members including:
- All tuition and examination fees
- Course materials (RYA Student Pack, Training Almanac)
- Portland Plotter and Dividers
£375 per person including all of the above plus MYC Training Membership
- position fixing
- course shaping and plotting
- tidal knowledge
- use of almanacs and admiralty publications
- electronic position finding equipment
- taking and interpreting forecasts
- plotting weather systems
- weather predictions using a barometer and by observation
- collision regulations
- customs and excise regulations for cruising abroad
It allows some time for revision of the basics and then moves on to advanced navigation techniques
Via MYC office
Telephone: 01634:718 399
Payment due at the time of booking